There are some days, you just need simple. Not a lot of chopping, no long list of ingredients, just a simple marinade for chicken and some roasted veggies. I really enjoyed this lemon chicken recipe – I have made a few in the past but they were WAY too lemon-y and, well, WOW. Last night, when Basili arrived home from work, I threw these on our grill pan, smoked up the first floor and then 8 minutes or so later, the lemon chicken was grilled to perfection! (HA!) We all sat down to eat and after the first bite, Basili looked at me and told me the chicken was really great!
Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor.
This rarely happens with chicken recipes. (except the ones on the blog) You see, he ate chicken almost every day in the army and now is not a huge fan. So whenever I hear he likes it, the recipe is added to my blog so I can remember to make it again!
I had this for my Day 2 Dinner of The Master’s Hammer and Chisel Program. The nutrition is like that of the 21 Day Fix Extreme, so the cool this is, I am already used to eating on this plan! The workouts have been challenging and so rewarding! I find myself doing things I never thought I would do – I am excited to see where I am at 2 months from now with my fitness!
Anyway, check out this recipe – add it to your menu for the week and be sure to share it with your friends! 🙂
- 1 1/2 pounds thin sliced chicken breast
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp thyme (I used fresh but dried is fine too!)
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste (I didn't salt my piece and it was great!)
- Place all ingredients into a gallon size ziplock or bowl, mix well and refrigerate - I had mine in the refrigerator for about 3 hours, but next time I will put it in in the morning!
- 30 minutes before grilling, remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let it get closer to room temperature.
- On a hot grill or grill pan, add the chicken and grill 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through and center is no longer pink.
- Serve with roasted asparagus and a lemon slice for garnish.
- 4 oz chicken breast = 1 red, 1/4 tsp