I love a good shrimp recipe! We don’t eat a lot of seafood in our home, so when we do, it is a real treat. (I have this rule about being able to see the water a fish was caught in OR that we are in a nice fish restaurant to order or make fish!) ANYWAY, this 21 Day Fix Fiesta Shrimp recipe is awesome over some spaghetti squash with some veggies. If I wasn’t on the Countdown to Competition plan today, I would have added Feta cheese, too! One of my favorite meals!
Fiesta Shrimp - 21 Day Fix Approved!
Delicious combination of flavors is like a fiesta in your mouth! LOL Ok, sorry for being cheesy - this is one of our favorites! My husband said - 'this is top 5 for sure!'
Write a review
- 1 bag frozen precooked, de-veined & shell-off shrimp, cook from frozen (thaw for faster cook time)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 T low sodium chicken broth
- 2 T fresh cilantro, for serving
- Combine all seasonings and shrimp in bowl, toss to coat
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add shrimp when pan is hot.
- Brown each side for about a minute (if thawed)
- Remove shrimp once cooked through.
- Pour broth into the skillet and scrape the brown bits. Bring to a boil until the broth thickens.
- Remove skillet from heat and add shrimp back into the thickened broth. Toss to coat.
- Top with chopped cilantro & serve immediately
Freezer Meal Prep
- Follow above prep instructions, but place frozen or fresh shrimp and spices in a gallon size freezer bag to coat.
- Label your bag and place it in the freezer.
- Serve over spaghetti squash with a side of roasted veggies and garnish with cilantro. I added hot sauce to mine and FETA cheese is delicious with this too! Enjoy!
21 Day Fix Counts
- 1 Red of Shrimp, 1 spoon
Fit Mom Angela http://www.fitmomangelad.com/
Valuable info. Fortunate me I found your web site accidentally, and I’m shocked why
this twist of fate did not took place in advance!
I bookmarked it.
What size bag of shrimp???
Hi Karen! I used a 1 pound bag of the frozen – BUT – I found that it was actually the SAME PRICE (if not a little cheaper) to go to the seafood counter at my local grocery and purchase a pound of their fresh jumbo shrimp. YUM!
Eating this now, delicious!! One question, is chicken broth allowed on the 21 day fix?
Thank you Laura!! 🙂 I am so happy you love it! YES! Chicken broth is allowed (I typically will use the low sodium) – it is counted as a free food. 🙂 Thank you for taking the time to let me know you enjoyed the recipe! 🙂
Angela thank you this looks amazing! Do you know how many shrimp count as 1 red? Is it how many fit in the container?
Hi Gaby! It is delicious! Yes – fill the red container with the shrimp. 🙂 Enjoy!
Hey there, this sounds delicious, I was just wondering if you choose to do this as a freezer meal what is the best way to cook it after it’s been frozen?
The Fiesta Shrimp is delicious! If you are using fresh shrimp, I would season it and place it in a freezer bag – if you are using frozen – place the frozen shrimp in the freezer bag and season (DO NOT THAW!) When you are ready to cook, thaw first and dump the contents of the freezer bag onto the pan and follow the cooking directions! 🙂
Just tried this tonight with some brown rice. My fiancé is super picky and LOVED it. Definitely making this again soon.
That is awesome Lexy! 🙂 I am so happy you both enjoyed it! 🙂
Wow so glad i found this web site your recipes are off the chart..AWESOME!!!
Thanks so much Augustina! 🙂 I am so happy you are enjoying them! 🙂 xoxo Angela
The fiesta shrimp were the second recipe I used from your site. AMAZING! Thank you for sharing your wonderful recipes. I will use them even after I’m done with my 21 day challenge.
LOVE THAT! 🙂
How does the chicken broth thicken
Hi Sandy – as it cooks, it will reduce into a thicker ‘sauce’ on the shrimp.
What is 2 T?
2 Tablespoons. 🙂