Who doesn’t love a quick and easy breakfast that the kids also enjoy? The boys both enjoy muffins and my husband likes having food to grab on his way out the door for work. I have been seeing the recipe for Blueberry Muffins pop up on Pinterest quite a few times lately, so I had to try them! I used the recipe Melanie Mitro (Top Beachbody Coach!) posted on her blog. They did NOT disappoint. We made them how she wrote the recipe and from our table to yours, I would recommend them. 🙂
Zachary, my 3 year old son, and I LOVE cooking together in the morning before his little brother wakes up for the day. This morning, Zach hopped down the stairs demanding his morning milk and a hug. 🙂 I started gathering all of the ingredients from the cabinets and told him that we were going to make a new recipe – he was SO excited! I plopped him down on the counter with a wooden spoon in hand – he was ready to stir! We mashed bananas, measured, counted and stirred in the ingredients. After I poured the batter into the muffin tin, he was in charge of topping each muffin with 6 or 7 blueberries. He did a great job! When the oven was ready, we anxiously awaited the muffins, sneaking peeks at them as they baked and the aromas of the oatmeal started wafting in our direction. When they were ready, I let them cool while we went to get Noah from his room. Each of us had our 21 Day Fix Blueberry Baked Oatmeal cups and the boys LOVED them – SO DID I!
The best part is, they are 21 Day Fix approved! If you are interested in joining my next challenge, message me to get in on this amazing opportunity to reach your health and fitness goals!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did! Thank you, Melanie!!
- Non stick cooking spray
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 T raw honey
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 T ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat muffin tin with cooking spray, set aside.
- Combine eggs, vanilla, bananas and honey in a large bowl. Mash bananas and mix well. Set aside.
- Combine oats, cinnamon and baking powder in a small bowl, stir well and combine with banana mixture
- Stir in almond milk and mix well.
- Divide oatmeal evenly between prepared muffin cups.
- Top with 6-7 blueberries.
- Bake 26 to 30 minutes or until brown
- Let cool and serve!
- 1 muffin = 1 Yellow, 1/2 Purple
- I used a small rubber spatula to get these out of the muffin tins and it worked great!