My kids LOVE baking muffins for breakfast – my husband loves them too, because let’s be honest, they are delicious and easy to grab on the go! I usually try to make a batch of muffins with Zach at the beginning of each week to have for everyone in the morning. The boys will each have one for breakfast and Basili will grab one on his way out the door. Easy peasy. I wanted to try something new today so last night, I was scouring Pinterest and came across a recipe that sounded really tasty! It didn’t take long to whip up a batch of these tasty mini muffins and the boys devoured them – especially my 1-year old who couldn’t seem to get enough! Basili has yet to try these, but since my boys approved, these mini muffins are making the blog.
I have not had much experience baking with almond flour/meal and it does have a grainier texture than regular flour so the muffins do come out with more of a grainy texture. I would suggest blending the batter in a blender or food processor. The muffins are still delicious, just please note that when you go to make them!
I looked up almond meal/flour for the 21 Day Fix and here is what I found from the 21 Day Fix Facebook page:
1/4 cup of these (Almond) flours would count as about 1/2 yellow and 1 blue. However, generally these flours are used in baked goods to replace regular flour. Usually that means maybe honey or other sweeteners will be added and then other ingredients such as coconut oil, butter, chocolate, etc. That’s why it gets tricky and each serving of the prepared recipe needs to take into account the total of all ingredients used. We usually like to count baked goods as treats and will generally assign yellow and teaspoon equivalents to each serving.
My 21 Day Fix Berry Pancake Mini Muffins are perfect for your busy morning and 21 Day Fix approved too, of course! 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 T coconut oil, melted
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Fresh or Frozen Berries - blueberries, raspberries, blackberries - your choice!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a mini muffin pan with some coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients (except berries) into a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. The batter will be thick
- Fill the muffin cups 1/3-1/2 full and place berries on top, berries will sink down as they bake.
- Place tray in the oven for 7-10 minutes until golden brown on top and tooth pick comes out of the center of the muffin clean
- 4 mini muffins = 1/2 Yellow, 1 Blue, 1/4 Red, 1/4 Purple, 1 tsp
- My mini muffin tin has 24 muffin cups