I couldn’t wait to share this recipe with all of you – my Lemon Balsamic Grilled Chicken was DE-LISH! It has taken me awhile to get the right vinegar to oil ratio – I hate it when the meat turns out tasting like it was sitting in a vat of vinegar all day. I was even raving about it to my mom on the phone as I was cleaning up!
Today, I fixed the boys lunch when we got home from the park. While they were eating, I threw this together! I already had the chicken portioned out into a gallon size zipper bag from earlier this week, so I just added all of the marinade ingredients to my bag, sealed it and rubbed the seasonings into the chicken. NO MESS – I LOVE IT. Popped the bag into the fridge and didn’t think about it again until dinner time. I love a delicious and simple recipe that requires minimal time. Marinades are a wonderful way to accomplish this!
I chopped up some zucchini and served it with spaghetti squash (angel hair for the boys). If you know me well – you also better believe I topped this with Feta cheese!! I saved my blue container for this meal and it was AH-MAZING.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 T oregano
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place chicken into a shallow dish or gallon size freezer bag
- Add all ingredients and mix well (I usually use a bag, seal the bag and rub the ingredients into the meat - no mess!!)
- Let marinate in the refrigerator for up to 10 hours. (I let mine sit for about 5)
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on a hot grill. Grill each side until no longer pink in the center
- I served this with spaghetti squash and roasted zucchini with red pepper and topped it with Feta cheese (shocker, I know!)
- Serves 6-8 people | Fill 1 Red Container with chicken | 1 Red, 1 Spoon