You know the aroma that envelopes you as you open the doors to an Italian restaurant…yeah, that. My house smelled like THAT!! This dish was so easy and so full of flavor and light on the clean up! Bonus! This Tuscan Chicken Artichoke Skillet is a recipe my good friend Brittny Knapp of Britt K Fitness sent to me and I modified to suit my family. The original one had beans so I replaced that with artichokes (that is a precious yellow container we are talking about there!!) I don’t know what it is about artichokes, but I LOVE THEM! They are FULL of lots of good-for-you things! They help with digestion, are full of phytonutrients and antioxidants and can even help reduce your cholesterol, among other benefits! Check out the list here!
This dish is one that I enjoyed while doing the Countdown to Competition plan for the 21 Day Fix Extreme – I just didn’t at the cheese to it. You can enjoy this meal whether you are doing the 21 Day Fix or the 21 Day Fix Extreme! Gotta love that! 🙂
This meal is quick and easy – perfect for a busy night!! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15oz) can artichokes, drained
- 2 (15oz) cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley (Garnish)
- Parmesan Cheese (optional, but SO good!)
- Heat olive oil in 12" skillet over medium high heat
- Season the chicken with 1 tsp black pepper and 1 tsp oregano
- Cook chicken on each side for 3 minutes.
- Move chicken over to one side of the pan and add a little olive oil and the mushrooms and onion and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add in all seasonings, garlic, sundried tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in artichokes and tomatoes. Let simmer until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and garnish with some fresh parsley, serve and enjoy!
- Roasted asparagus
- 1 Red, 1 Green, 1 spoon, Blue (fill your container with the amount of cheese you would like to top your chicken with, count it against your blue for the day - you likely will not need a full blue!
- Measuring - Take 1/4 of the chicken and measure out a cup of the veggies to top the chicken once you have plated it. Top with some Parmesan cheese and parsley.
I am BLOWN AWAY with this skillet meal. The flavor is divine! This will be a weekly staple for me! I LOVE your recipes! They make dieting so much easier because all of your meals are so delicious! Thank you for sharing!!!