This Ground Beef Taco Skillet is being added into the permanent rotation. WHY? My husband WONT.STOP.TALKING. about it! 🙂 After dinner, he came up behind me while I was doing the dishes and gave me a huge hug and kiss on the cheek and thanked me for making such a delicious meal. I mean, talk about putting a huge smile on my face. The funny thing is, this meal was SO incredibly simple and required little to no extra dishes (AWESOME!)
I used my trusty 12″ skillet. Chopped up my veggies and put them in with the ground beef. Once the ground beef was browned, I added the rest of the ingredients, covered the skillet and let it simmer until he got home. When he got home, I added the cheese and cilantro and when the cheese melted, I served it up!
I usually try to stay away from carbs (my yellow containers) after 5pm, but if you are needing to add an extra yellow in, serve this or mix in some quinoa or brown rice OR wrap it up in a whole wheat tortilla. DELICIOUS!!!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow and/or 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, quartered and sliced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 can of diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes, drained
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste
- 1 can diced green chilis (if you like spicy!)
- In a 12" skillet, break up and brown ground beef, drain excess fat once beef is browned.
- Add in veggies and seasonings and cook until onions are translucent.
- Top evenly with cheese and cilantro
- Serve over brown rice or in a whole wheat tortilla (add 1 yellow for 21 Day Fix)
- Top with hot sauce
- 1 Red, 1 Green, 1 Blue for 1/4 skillet