When I was pregnant, one of my cravings was French Toast. Come to find out, the hospital where I delivered our boys has some AMAZING bad-for-you French Toast that I totally ate and LOVED. I haven’t had it again until just the other day when I made this! No, I am not pregnant, but a girl is allowed to want some French Toast delicious-ness!!! I had never made french toast before and WOW, it was SO easy and YUMMMMMM. I loved it. The boys ate it right up too – yum!
My 21 Day Fix French Toast hits all of the high points to satisfy those cravings AND it’s guilt free! A true win-win! I surprised the boys with this meal last weekend. It was a cooler morning, we were all still in our PJ’s and it just seemed like the perfect time to whip up some comfort food for breakfast! It was a hit! I may just have to make this again in the morning! All this talk about it has me wanting it ASAP!
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
- 4 eggs
- 1 T unsweetened almond milk
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 T raw honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 slices wheat or Ezekiel bread
- Heat skillet over medium to medium high heat, spray with cooking spray
- Mix all ingredients and spices together in shallow bowl/dish (except bread)
- Coat both sides of bread in egg and spice mixture and put on skillet
- Cook for a couple minutes on each side or until golden brown
- Serve with fresh berries and some pure maple syrup
- 1/2 Red, 1 Yellow + toppings