Another Dimitrelias family and 21 Day Fix approved dish for you to try! I recently had this on the menu for the slow cooker week my team hosted and it was a huge hit! This Turkey Sweet Potato Chili is full of fresh flavors, hearty ingredients and gives comfort food a whole new meaning! I will say, I could eat this every week! The nice thing is, the leftovers taste EVEN BETTER the next day! My husband who hates all things sweet potatoes actually went back for more and then requested it specifically for his lunch the next day. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I heard him tell me he liked it. I was fully bracing myself for the look of disappointment. (haha!) Not with this meal!
This chili would be perfect for company. It is something DIFFERENT. It is a colorful dish that is full of flavor AND nutrition. Your guests will thank you!
- 20 oz 93% lean ground turkey
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14oz) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled & cubed
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a 10" skillet, brown ground turkey on medium-high heat until turkey is cooked through. I added some oregano in with the meat for some added flavor, this is optional.
- Add all ingredients into slow cooker
- Cover & cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-6 hours or until sweet potatoes are tender
- In a large soup pot, brown turkey over medium-high heat. Season with sea salt.
- Add onion,yellow pepper, zucchini and garlic to browned meat. Cook 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer over medium low heat until potatoes are soft and cooked through. About 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Serving Size - 1 1/2 cups | 1 Red, 1 Green, 1/2 Yellow, 1/4 Purple (if you want to get technical...)
I made this recipe this evening for my family! It was so fantastic and being 21 day fix approved it fits right long with my extreme program I am doing. I never thought chili with sweet potatoes and no beans would taste like chili but the flavor is incredible. Thank you Angela for sharing your awesome recipes!!
I am so happy you enjoyed it! That is my new favorite chili!! 🙂
This chili is amazing! Even my husband loved it 🙂
Thanks is AWESOME! I am so happy you both loved it – truly one of my FAVORITE chili recipes!! 🙂 Thank you for letting me know – it means to much to see you enjoyed it! Angela