This is my mom’s summer cheese burger recipe. She has made these burgers for YEARS and we love them. My whole family. Basili requests these every time we visit them. They are SO. GOOD. She uses the Montreal Steak Seasoning, so I found a recipe to make my own steak seasoning blend. I wanted to make sure I know how much salt was in there and that there was no sugar or any other additives. The best part is, these delicious burgers are both 21 Day Fix AND 21 Day Fix Extreme approved!!
Top your burger with cheese and/or avocado, some Dijon mustard and the usual burger fixing’s (no pun intended!) – wrap it in a romaine leaf (or a thin whole grain sandwich bun) and BOOM – Fix approved backyard burger EVERYONE will enjoy!
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T (rounded) Steak Seasoning Blend
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 8 slices cheddar cheese (optional)
- 8 thin whole grain buns (optional)
- 1 avocado
- Combine all ingredients to the steak seasoning in a bowl. Mix well.
- Form meat into patties and place on a foil lined plate or baking tray to prep for the grill
- Grill to desired done-ness on both sides
- 1 red, 1 yellow (if using a bun), 1 blue (if having cheese or avocado) (YES - I'm aware there is some onion in here - that would be a green, however it is such a small amount divided 8 ways. Seriously, don't worry about it!
YUM! will be making these 🙂