If you like shrimp – if you like Cajun – if you like creamy pasta dishes – THIS is the recipe for you! I was playing around in the kitchen and combined 3 different recipes along with my own twist to create this dish! Thanks to inspiration from Jean Reed’s delicious Alfredo sauce recipe, I have been having a blast with changing it up to use in other recipes.
My Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo was AH-MAZING. So much flavor and It was hard to stop after just one serving (but I did). Basili did have a second plate and told me to add it to the list – so here I am, blogging away so I can share it with all of you!
I will say, if you make this one, allow yourself a little extra time to prep the sauce and the Cajun seasoning blend. A couple extra steps, but I PROMISE, it is worth it! Also, you may want to add some more milk to the sauce (add 1T at a time so it doesn’t thin out TOO much) if it is thick.
I hope you enjoy this recipe – it is 21 Day Fix approved and on the list here at the Dimitrelias house too!. 🙂
- 8 oz Fettuccine (I used Angel Hair quinoa pasta and measured out my serving separately when plating)
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled & de-veined
- 1 T Cajun Seasoning Blend
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp Cajun Seasoning Blend
- 4 T almond milk
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves (optional)
- Boil your pasta noodles.
- In a separate small sauce pan, ON LOW HEAT, add cottage cheese, parmesan, 2 tsp Cajun Seasoning Blend and 4 T almond milk. Mix well. Right after cheese melts, blend the ingredients until smooth with an Immersion blender (stick blender), in your regular blender or a food processor. Add 1 T at a time of almond milk to thin the sauce.
- In a 12" skillet, melt coconut oil over medium high heat and toss the shrimp with 1 T Cajun Seasoning Blend. Cook 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add garlic to the pan and sauté about 30 seconds. Then add chicken/veggie broth and the Alfredo sauce.
- Toss in pasta with the Alfredo sauce. Stir in spinach leaves and cook until wilted.
- Add in shrimp and serve!
- If the dish is too thick, add 1T at a time of almond milk to thin it out.
- 1.5 red, 1/2 blue, 1 spoon, 1 yellow*
- *I measured out my pasta separately in my yellow container, 8 oz of pasta will make a lot more than 4 servings (4 cups cooked, or so), but B will usually have more than 1/2 cup at dinner and I like having leftovers for his lunch the next day. I will play with the ratio next time of cooked vs uncooked to see how the rest of the recipe meshes together - this worked for me!