These 21 Day Fix Southwest Avocado Turkey Burgers were a HUGE hit at our house last night. Basili, my husband, told me that I need to make MORE next time. He went back for more and then tried to steal Zach’s. Noah (my 1 year old) couldn’t eat his fast enough! I did not put the salsa topping on the boys burgers, but I did on ours. It had such a fresh taste – very flavorful – it tasted like SUMMER!
I was really craving a burger and found a turkey burger with salsa topping on RxforHealthyLiving.com. I adapted this to make it my own (as I do with all of my recipes) and truly LOVE what I came up with. This will become a staple here in our home. Try it out and let me know what you think.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T red bell pepper, diced finely
- 2 T fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 T red onion, finely diced
- 3 tomatoes, diced with seeds removed
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 T lime juice
- 1 Jalapeno, finely diced (optional if you like it hot!)
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado
- Combine all of the salsa ingredients, except for the avocado. Mix well and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Place all ingredients for the turkey burgers into a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal parts and form into patties.
- Grill until turkey is no longer pink in the center.
- Serve turkey burgers on their own or on a sandwich thin whole grain bun. Top with desired amount of salsa and diced avocado (1/4 of the avocado)
- Serving: 1 Turkey Burger with 1/2 cup salsa (add more if you want, just adjust counts accordingly!) and 1/4 avocado
- 1 Red, 1/2 Green, 1 Blue
- Serve with a side of sweet potato fries for a fun and healthy summer treat!
SO GOOD!!! I’ve made these twice in the past couple of weeks. Top with the salsa, avocado adn a bibb lettuce leaf and you’re all set!
Love your recipes!