It is Cinco de Mayo this week so we are having a Fiesta of recipes in our home – some new, some that are already on the blog – either way, I am one happy girl because I LOVE the flavors of Mexican food! I wanted to make the Cilantro Lime chicken I have on the blog already, but I was craving something grilled! I changed up the recipe for the slow cooked version of this a little bit and came up with a fantastic and easy marinade that we will absolutely be using a lot this summer! Here you have it, 21 Day Fix Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken!
SUPER easy and delicious! I pan roasted some veggies and made some brown rice for Basili and the boys and voila – DINNER is served. I had my blue container left for the day, so I filled that bad boy up with Feta cheese to stir in. 🙂 YUM!
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1-2 T lime juice
- 2-3 T olive oil
- 1 cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t chili powder
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients into a gallon size bag or large container/bowl. Mix well, rubbing the spices into the chicken. Store in refrigerator for about 3 hours to marinate.
- Heat up your grill (or grill pan) and remove chicken from the bag, discard marinade.
- Grill until chicken is cooked through and is no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve over a bed of mixed roasted or grilled vegetables with a side of brown rice.
- Chicken serves 6 (depending on size) | 1 Red, 1 tsp