I was so very pleasantly surprised with this dish – talk about the flavor of freshness! I always LOVE a dinner that uses zero of my yellow containers – since I only get 2 each day! (For those of you not following the container system, the yellow containers are starchy foods like bread, potatoes and rice!) This Mexican Chicken Stir Fry Skillet is just what I needed to end the day! My husband loved it too – the boys liked the chicken – it is pretty much like winning the lottery if I get either of them to eat a vegetable in it’s whole form. 🙂
Not only was it delicious, but just LOOK at how pretty it is! The more colorful your plate, the healthier your meal, right (no, fruity pebbles DON’T COUNT!) 🙂 This stir fry was very simple to throw together, just grab a sharp knife and start cutting your veggies! This meal is acceptable for anyone doing the 21 Day Fix, Extreme or Hammer and Chisel Program!
A serving for this is 1/4 of the skillet. Top with cheese OR slice up some avocado! Serve over a bed of brown rice or in a tortilla or lettuce wrap – or on it’s own! If you like it spicy, add some sriracha! YUM!! Big thumbs up for this one! Delicious! As always, pin, like and share this recipe – and ENJOY!
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 bell peppers (any color), thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1 cup shredded cheddar, divided
- Heat oil in 12" skillet on medium high heat.
- Add diced chicken and cook until no longer pink - about 5-7 minutes
- Add peppers, onions, garlic and broccoli.
- Stir in spices and broth. Mix well and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Top with cheese and cover until melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 1 Red, 1 Green, 1 Blue - 1/4 of the skillet