MY KIDS ATE VEGGIES!!! These were really tasty, pretty easy to whip up and right on track for my current program, The Master’s Hammer and Chisel. Basili and the boys really enjoyed these too, so I will consider that a win! I have made these a couple times and the second time, I made them with Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower ‘Potatoes’. Talk about a hearty winter meal!
The serving size for this recipe is 3 ‘muffins’. I would suggest you cut 3 pieces of mozzarella and measure them in your blue container. For each row on your muffin tin – one serving, 4 rows, 4 servings – measure the cheese so you don’t go over on your blues. I put all of the ingredients (except for the mozzarella cheese) into a bowl and mixed it well with my hands (remove your rings!). I formed 12 large, pretty equal meat balls. I took one ball and flattened it out a little bit and wrapped the meatloaf mixture around the mozzarella cube. The cheese will be in the center of your meatloaf. DELICIOUS.
You can get silicon liners for your pan – I didn’t have any, so I sprayed mine with EVOO spray. When the meatloaf muffins were formed, I whipped up the sauce and topped each muffin with about 1 tablespoon. Pop them in the oven and enjoy!
- 1 lb of Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup broccoli slaw
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 12 Small Cubes of Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 T raw honey
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 450. Spray a muffin tin with olive oil or use silicon muffin cups
- Pulse broccoli slaw, onion, celery, carrots and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Mix ground turkey, egg, oats, vegetable mix from food processor and the remainder of ingredients (except cheese cubes) in a large bowl.
- In a separate, small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Portion a little less then 1/4 cup, with meat and add a mozzarella piece to the center and roll into a ball and place in muffin tin. Make 12 meatloaf muffins. Top with sauce.
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes, remove from oven and wait about 5 minutes to serve.
- 3 muffins = 1 Red, 1 Blue, 1/4 Yellow, 1/2 Green
- Note: I measured out the mozzarella in my blue container before I put them in the muffin cups - measure accordingly.