As the school year approaches, quick and easy meals are an absolute must! I highly recommend you add this one to your must try list! This one doesn’t require a whole lot of clean up because it only uses one skillet! I had seen this Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet recipe on Pinterest so I decided to try it out, with my own modifications, of course! This dish was so flavorful and packed with protein! We ended up having leftovers, which I ate the next day and really enjoyed!
The part that took the longest was just chopping up the veggies. Even my kids enjoyed this one! I hope you enjoy it too!
Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
I LOVE 1 skillet meals - the fewer dishes the better! This recipe just SCREAMS comfort food! It was delicious. It was also yummy the next day, too! 🙂
Write a review
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups sweet potato, diced (about 1 large)
- 1 T oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, to taste
- Flat leaf parsley, for garnish
- In 12" skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add ground turkey and garlic and cook for about 10 minutes until meat is browned
- Add onions, peppers and seasonings and cook until onions are translucent
- Add diced sweet potatoes, tomatoes and vegetable broth and cover the skillet. Cook until potatoes are fork tender. Add in spinach about 5 minutes before serving and cook until wilted down.
- Sprinkle with cheese evenly, cover until cheese melts and serve.
21 Day Fix Container Counts
- 1 Green, 1 Red, 3/4 - 1 Yellow, 1 Blue, 1 spoon
Adapted from Primavera Kitchen
Adapted from Primavera Kitchen
Fit Mom Angela http://www.fitmomangelad.com/
Hi! When do you add the spinach?
Hi! Add it in a few minutes before serving, cook it until it wilts down. Stir and serve! 🙂 I will update the instructions – thank you!
Hi! Add it in a few minutes before serving, cook it until it wilts down. Stir and serve! 🙂 I will update the instructions – thank you! Angela
I made this last night… I have been RAVING about it to anyone who will listen. It was delicious and will be a staple meal I make. My biggest concern when making it was how long to cook the sweet potato but I think it was about 10-12 minutes.
YUM! One of my favorites too! I am so happy you loved it! 🙂 Angela
Angela – this is really good! Thanks for sharing your recipe.
I am so happy you liked it Liz! 🙂 Thank you for telling me! Angela
This looks delicious! What is the serving size?
Thanks Nadja! It serves 6, so 1/6th of the pan. 🙂 About a cup and a half. Enjoy!
This looks delicious and I want to make this for dinner tomorrow evening. I am on a 1200-1499 calorie plan and my fiance is on the 2100-2300 calorie plan. What would the serving size be for these plans? Thanks for your help! Can’t wait to try this.
Hi Krista – the serving sizes would be the same for each of you – depending on how many containers you have remaining by dinner time.
This dish is AMAZING!!! So delicious and flavorful but fits into the diet. My fiance loved it too!! I’ve already made it 3 times. Thanks so much for this great recipe Angela.
You’re so welcome! 🙂
Delicious! Love these one skillet meals as well, so quick and easy. And you can do so much with ground turkey, very versatile,
I am so happy you enjoyed it!
Love this recipe. This was a hit with my family
So happy you loved it! 🙂
This looks so delicious! How long do you think this would stay good for?
2-4 days?! I know we usually have it the following day or so after I make it for dinner. 🙂