Basili (my husband) LOVES Chinese take out – so do I, but after I eat it, I regret it. Besides getting puffy from all of the sodium, my tummy hurts from the MSG and processed ingredients. Tell me I am not the only one?! 🙂 SO, I make my own! Egg roll in a bowl – how fun is that!?!
One of my dear friends, Alison Banger, who has also been one of my challengers for almost the past year, is a huge foodie and has send some amazing recipes my way! This one was so good that I wanted to share it with all of you! I made some modifications to fit into the 21 Day Fix meal plan and it was delicious! 🙂
- 1 lb lean ground pork or turkey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T fresh ginger, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 T low sodium liquid aminos
- 2 t rice wine vinegar
- Sliced Green Onions, for garnish
- In 12" skillet over medium high heat, brown meat, breaking it up as it browns - remove from pan and set aside
- Add sliced onions to the pan with a pinch of sea salt, cook for about 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Add garlic and ginger, cook for another minute
- Add cabbage and carrots, cook until wilted down, about 5-7 minutes
- Return meat to skillet, add liquid aminos and vinegar, reduce heat to medium low and cook 5-7 minutes more.
- Serve over brown rice and sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
- 1/4 of skillet = 1 1/2 Green, 1 Red, 1 Yellow (rice), 1/2 orange (depending on amount of sesame seeds)