This meal was SO simple and quick! It’s Friday night and the thought of preparing a meal was not really on the top of my ‘I really want to do this’ list, but I knew that was not an option! I am SO happy I tried this one out! The photo to the left is what it looked like at the end of cooking – it was so pretty! The colors were so vibrant!
This chicken spinach saute was delicious! So full of flavor and really hit the spot! Basili loved it too – and he always scoffs at the idea of eating chicken (this comes from eating a lot of chicken when he was in the army…thanks a lot…) Anyway, about half way through the meal, he nodded his head in great approval and said ‘yup…this one is good, add it to the list!’ I served this over brown rice, but it would also be delicious on its own or over veggies! Let me know what you think!
- 1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) (or Coconut Oil)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 2 lbs chicken breasts or tenderloins, cubed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 T oregano
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- In a 12" skillet, heat EVOO and saute garlic, mushrooms & zucchini for 2 minutes
- Add cubed chicken and spices, cook until chicken is no longer pink
- Add Parmesan and stir until chicken is coated
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Serve over brown rice or spaghetti squash
- 1 red, 1/2 green, 1/4 blue, 1/2 spoon