We had my sister in law and nephew over for dinner on Friday night and there is just SOMETHING about grilled steak that says Friday night family cookout.
I put the steak in the refrigerator that morning and couldn’t wait for dinner all day! I chopped up a TON of veggies while the boys napped to throw on the grill – grocery shopping happened on Saturday this week, so it was time to clear out the rest of the veggie drawer! By the time company arrived, everything was ready to go! The boys ran around the yard while B worked his magic on the grill. Before we all knew it, it was time to eat! The boys loved it, specifically, my 7 year old nephew who came up to me after dinner to tell me he thought everything was ‘really yummy!’ This kid, who is super picky with veggies, ate zucchini. Bravo, little man!
This Brazilian Marinated Flank Steak was so tender and delicious. Lots of flavor! I omitted the Serrano pepper only because I didn’t want to add a ton of heat with the kids eating with us – otherwise, they would be having PB&J for dinner! haha!
The best part about this meal is that I got to sit back and relax during the cooking portion – the marinade was easy peasy! Definitely a winner at our house.
- 2-3 lb London Broil Steak (or Flank Steak)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup fresh Cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 Serrano Chile, minced (Optional if you want heat - I omitted this for my kiddos)
- Place meat into a gallon size ziplock bag and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Seal and mix well so marinade is distributed evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove steak from refrigerator 40 minutes before grilling.
- Grill meat on high heat until desired doneness. Discard remaining marinade.
- Let the meat rest 10 minutes before slicing
- 1 Red Container Steak slices, 1 tsp
- Serve with marinated grilled veggies.
Hey Angela 🙂 I was wondering if you used the same marinade for both the steak and veggies?
I think that would be delicious!