Zach absolutely loved his ‘ice cream’, but SHHHHHH don’t tell him it was healthy AND 21 Day Fix Approved!
We went strawberry picking earlier this week and we had a TON of strawberries – I wanted to find something healthy to do with them! Ice cream is one of my weaknesses, especially on a hot Summer day. I found a similar recipe for this on Just A Taste and adapted it slightly. I froze our freshly picked strawberries and threw all of the ingredients into my blender, 5 minutes later, ice cream! Make sure the berries are frozen SOLID – I don’t think ours were, so I just put the container of sorbet into the freezer in an air-tight container for a few hours and it was really tasty. Another option is to omit the lemon juice top with (or pulse in) some dark chocolate chips (if you are on the 21 Day Fix, sub out your chocolate chips with containers accordingly!)
What else says summer like 21 Day Fix Strawberry Lemonade Sorbet?? That’s right. 🙂
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- 4 T raw honey
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until creamy - about 3-5 minutes
- Pour into an airtight container and store in the freezer.
- 1 cup = 1 Purple & not even 1/4 cup Red
- Omit lemon juice