My 21 Day Fix Chicken Avocado Quesadilla truly hit the spot today! I was craving something substantial. Something spicy. One of my throw together snacks wasn’t going to fit the bill today. THIS WAS IT. It was so fresh and so flavorful and really easy to make – not to mention, look how colorful it is!! 🙂
Each week, I put chicken in the crock pot to use through out the week on salads, in stirfrys or on its own with some Dijon mustard. But TACOS and QUESADILLAS – HELLLLLOOOO ALL THINGS THAT ARE YUMMY! We love quesadillas at our house so I am surprised it has taken me this long to make one for myself since I have been following the 21 Day Fix nutrition plan. Here is my easy peasy recipe that I seriously enjoyed the heck out of today!
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 3/4 cup shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 of an avocado sliced
- 1-2T Colby Jack cheese
- Fresh cilantro, to taste
- Hot Sauce, to taste
- Add ingredients on the whole wheat tortilla, warm the chicken if desired.
- Spray a 10" skillet with cooking spray or olive oil and place on medium-high heat
- Place tortilla on skillet and fold in half. Flip to brown both sides - about 2 minutes each side or until desired done-ness (is that a word?!?!) 🙂 is reached. Enjoy!
- 1 Yellow, 1 Red, 1 Blue, 1/4 Green